• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ๐”ธ ๐•Ž๐•’๐•ฃ ๐• ๐•— ๐•Š๐•ฆ๐•˜๐•’๐•ฃ ๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•• ๐”พ๐• ๐•๐••

nivirocks

LORE
CHARACTERS
smoxes.gif

โ€œThey say even coals may become diamonds with hard work. But gold? Gold will always be gold. Live a pleasant life. A golden life.โ€ - Emperor Futomo
A War of Sugar and Gold
ๆš—ๆฎบ

Legend has it that long ago, the continent of Daitลryล knew peace, and prospered under a unified banner of mutual wealth and benefit. Yet, all available recorded history illustrates only eras of dispute, subterfuge, and warfare. In a world plagued by constant conflict, even legends and tall tales can be of relief for those in poverty. Imagination, to believe in better times, to believe that perhaps one day, things may return to how elders say they were. A time before the Emperors split the continent into a multitude of Feudal lands, a time before each country wasnโ€™t forced into a perpetual military upkeep simply for the sake of deterrence. A time when one was all and all were one, when Daitลryล was really home. Howeverโ€ฆ Tales are just that. Tales. In reality, wealth belongs to those born into it, and peace to those who can afford it.

เผบโ•โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ•เผป

Welcome everybody to A War of Sugar and Gold! Of Sugar and Gold is a live action, fast-paced, mid-term roleplay set in a japanese-esque fuedal era, located on an isolated continent by the name of Daitลryล. Your home, the Land of Sugar, is the smallest of all the Feudal Lands. Oppressed since its very conception, the Land of Sugar has always struggled to say afloat in such a cutthroat feudal system. Times are more than rough, and the current tension between the lands seems to be boiling up into yet another war. For the Land of Sugar, conflict has been an integral part of history, but this might just be the most important one yet.

This roleplay utilizes various elements from various fictional universes and historical data, namely feudal Japan, Bleach, and Naruto, to give a few examples.
The roleplay will be run with custom lore, combat dynamics, and individual characters which will be created by the players. Discord will be used for OOC chat!
The Main Storyline

The rumors are true. Emperor Futomo of Daitoryo has passed away in his sleep. Known for his strict and pragmatic way of ruling, his honorable name was celebrated highly by many of the larger Feudal Lands. What should have subsequently been a breath of respite for the weaker nations of Daitoryo, though, is instead yet another grim omen in these troubling times. Prince Futomaru, rightful heir to the throne, is famously known as a carbon copy of his esteemed father, perhaps even a worse version of him. Time is fleeting for the Land of Sugar. Under the violent regime of such a ruthless leader, smaller lands will inevitably falter to the fateful greed of stronger neighbors. Not too long ago, the former Feudal Lord of Sugar, Harami Toro, came out of retirement to assume the position again after the previous Lord passed away. Once highly regarded by his people for his rebellious tendencies, many question if there is some sort of subliminal motive to Harami's return. As a loyal warrior of the Land of Sugar, however, you're not one to ask questions, are you?

You've received a direct summons from the Feudal Lord himself for a top secret mission. Join a hand picked squad, set out to complete your mission. Work hard, and do not falter before your enemy. It's all or nothing.

LORE
CHARACTERS

Looks fun, I think the magic system might need a tighter leash but I'm up for making a character

Sounds interesting for sure. What do you mean when you say that this RP will be 'live action' though?

Sounds interesting for sure. What do you mean when you say that this RP will be 'live action' though?
I think that means lots of combat, escape scenes etc
That or we meet up irl to do scenes

Looks fun, I think the magic system might need a tighter leash but I'm up for making a character
Thanks so much for the interest! I'm glad you like the setting. <3

I don't know if 'live action' was the correct phrase to use, but it basically means it's a very action-packed setting where a lot of different things can happen at the same time, and there is no set turn order. I will be sure to keep a good pace when it comes to posting rounds, though, so that nobody falls behind.

NeonFlow NeonFlow ERode ERode .empathogen. .empathogen. Sylvio Sylvio Table Table Mirai-chan Mirai-chan Dreamtique Dreamtique Anyone Anyone who is interested!
The Discord is ready! For the time being, anyone is free to join to ask questions, talk about characters, and participate in lore discussion. Once the character application process has been closed, the discord will also be closed. I hope to see you all there, I can't wait! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back